By reading this koob, you will discover the reasons explaining the rise of today’s collaborative economy, a global phenomenon that privileges use over possession, and the sharing of resources.
You will also discover how this economy:
- Relies on digital platforms,
- Connects people with common interests,
- Redefines our notions of ownership and use,
- Promotes efficiency by circumventing hyper-consumption,
- Builds trust between strangers,
- Rethinks value in terms of sharing resources.
In the last couple of decades, collaborative consumer systems have emerged everywhere aiming to connect people with one another. Botsman avoids writing a diatribe against the excesses and waste of consumerism to which she provides emergency solutions. She offers instead a positive view of what collaboration, exchange, and trust can achieve.